Dr. Benjamin Yim Clinical Aesthetics & Laser Centre
About Doctor Benjamin Yim
Dr. Benjamin Yim completed his medical degree from Monash University (Melbourne) in 1994. He spent the next two years doing hospital postings in Singapore before attaining full medical registration by the Singapore Medical Council in 1997. He spent the next one and a half years as an infantry battalion medical officer for the Singapore Armed Forces. In 1998, he completed a Diploma in Practical Dermatology from the University of Wales. A year later, Dr. Yim graduated with a Degree of Master of Science in Clinical Dermatology at the University of London, together with completing a year at the renowned St John’s Institute of Dermatology.
Some of his notable achievements in aesthetic medicine are:
– Scientific Advisor, Organising Committee, Singapore Medical Association, for the 36th SMA Medical Convention on Aesthetic Medicine in May 2005.
– Speaker for the 36th SMA Medical Convention on Aesthetic Medicine in May 2005.
– Speaker at Aesthetic Maxillofacial Surgery – Facing the New Era of the Combined Scientific Meeting 2005, jointly organised by the Singapore Health Services (Singhealth), National Healthcare Group (NHG) and National University of Singapore (NUS) – 4-6 November 2005.
– Guest Speaker in the symposium on Thermage in the 11th National Congress of Indonesian Society of Dermatology and Venerology on July 6-9, 2005 in Jakarta.
– Appointed resource person for MOH committee in 2005 for self-regulation in aesthetic medicine.
– Guest Speaker at the International Aesthetic Conference and Exhibition on Laser Lipolysis by Society of Anti-ageing & Aesthetic Medicine Malaysia in January 2006.
– Organising committee for the Conference of Aesthetic Medicine in November 2006 by the Society of Aesthetic Medicine (Singapore).
– Speaker for the Conference of Aesthetic Medicine in November 2006 by the Society of Aesthetic Medicine (Singapore).
– Appointed medical trainer for Botox administration (Allergan).
– Honorary Secretary of Society of Aesthetic Medicine (Singapore).
– Long Service Award in appreciation of his contribution to youth delinquency.
– National CSSP Awards medal in appreciation for his contribution to a caring community and safe homes.
– Certificate of Appreciation by the Singapore Prison Service for his involvement in the Tattoo removal Programme from June 2009 to June 2011.
– Facilitator at the Aesthetics Asia Exhibition and Congress in September 2013, for The Advanced Facial Anatomy and Injectables Workshop.